Managing Client Relationships
Doing business in the design industry means that firms deliver a service to clients in exchange for compensation. Delivering service is different than selling a product. The relationship that exists between the design firm and the client becomes more critical due to the greater degree of involvement of both parties during the process of exchange.
According to PSMJ research, it costs 10 – 15 times more to get a dollar of revenue from a new client than from an existing one. This module describes some proven techniques that firm leaders and PMs use to effectively manage and build long-lasting relationships with their clients. Topics covered include:
- Why clients defect to your competitors
- Establish a proactive communication plan
- Actively manage the client relationship
- Five keys to a successful client relationship
- Maintaining client relationships
- The impression you want to create with clients
- Keeping your client relationships fresh
- Five tips that make you accessible to your clients
- Delivering bad news to a client
- Create a great client experience by delivering more than promised
- Points to remember when dealing with public agencies, public forums, and politicians
- Consultants to public clients fall in to one of three categories
- What you need to tell your public-sector clients
- What to expect from your public-sector clients?
- Client evaluation of quality
DURATION: One Hour
CREDITS: This e-learning course is approved for 1 PDH.
COST: $95 (Only $47.50 for AECPMA members. Learn more about membership here)
GROUP TRAINING OPTIONS: Do you have a group of individuals who would benefit from this course? Contact us for details on special group pricing and other options to make team learning easy and affordable!
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: PSMJ’s e-learning courses are built with proven strategies and tactics to make you more successful. If the skills and tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference in the way you manage projects, just let us know and we’ll refund your fee. Every penny. No questions asked.
PSMJ Resources, Inc. is AIA CES-registered to provide this content. This course earns you 1 LU Hour, CEU, or PDH. Not all state and licensing boards accept these programs for learning units.
This course earns you 1 credit towards certification with the A/E/C Project Management Association. This is the only industry-specific certification available for A/E/C Project Managers. Learn more by visiting www.aecpma.org.
PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (provider #3546). PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Landscape Architects (provider #2844).
For more information, please contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.